(Click to enlarge!)
When you’re cooking with gas grills, it’s a good idea to use presoaked wood chips in a smoker tube!
1. Fill the stainless steel tube with wood chips.
2. Submerge in cold water for at least half an hour.
3. Place the smoker tube on the sear plate over the left burner, then light your burner.
4. For 3 burner models you would light the left and right burner and leave the center burner off.
5. Place your meat in the center. You are using the indirect cooking method.
6. Smoke the meat for several hours under a closed lid.
To achieve maximum flavour, add fresh wood chips several times during the cooking process, in which case you may want to consider having extra smoker tubes on hand.